Review of project documents related to concluded support to regional development projects by the Norwegian embassy in Addis Ababa, process completion activities and finalise project file.
CASE NO. 842.2
The Norwegian Public Procurement Act and part I of the Norwegian Public Procurement Regulations applicable on the date of 25.10.2016 apply to this contract.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs represented by the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Ethiopia, hereinafter referred to as the Contracting Authority, is inviting participation in a tender procedure to establish a contract for completing and closing of project files in the Regional department of the Norwegian Embassy in Addis Ababa.
The Contracting Authority may invite the tenderers to negotiations provided the Contracting Authority, following an initial evaluation of the tenders, considers this appropriate.
The tentative schedule for the procurement process is:
Invitation to tender made public and sent to specific suppliers
Deadline for receipt of tenders
14.11.2016 at 16:00 hrs
Notification of award
Expiry of tender validity period (tenders remain open for acceptance for 30 days after the deadline for receipt of tenders)
14.12.2016 at 16:00 hrs
All questions and enquiries regarding this invitation to tender are to be submitted by email to Tehetena.firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete tenders must be in English and must be delivered electronically to: email@example.com Write “Tender, case no. 842.2 in the subject field.
All tenderers will be notified by email when a decision has been made on the award of contract. The tenderer must confirm whether he may have or not have potential conflicts related to the requested services.
2. ABOUT THE CONTRACT
The Contracting Authority is actively engaged in regional development projects with a focus on peace and security, good governance and development; and provide direct support to regional organizations such as AU, UNECA, IGAD and others.
The Contracting Authority is seeking to contract a consultant to perform outstanding activities to review, finalise outstanding undertakings and completion of project documents related to completed support to regional projects.
The Consultant shall render professional assistance under the direction of the Contracting Authority. The Consultant shall, within the timeframe outlined below, take on the assignment of the following:
• Review project agreements and identify unfulfilled compliance requirements;
• Liaise with agreement partners as to the missing reports and other documentation as needed;
• Effect the necessary compliance activities to complete the project file;
• Report the progress of work to the relevant programme officers and head of regional team;
• Prepare draft Completion Document for each agreement.
The Consultants deliveries will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, to check whether progress is being made in accordance with plan and whether there is any need for adjustments/corrections during the period when the consultant is providing services.
The Contracting Authority will also carry out an evaluation at the end of the process to check whether the consultancy services were provided in accordance with the contract.
• Consultant need to have a registered consultancy business with at least five years of work experience
• Proven experience in management of development project
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
• Knowledge of a Scandinavian language
• Knowledge of Norwegian grant management processes
• Ongoing delivery of completed regional development project files
• Monthly progress report of status of work
Timeframe: The term of delivery the Consultancy Assistance is between 5 December 2016 – 1. September 2017 with a possibility of extension to 31. December 2017.
Budget: The upper budgetary limit for this assignment is NOK 250 000 for the period stated above.
2.1 Contract type
The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs standard Consultancy Assistance Agreement will be used. Please contact the embassy for a copy of the agreement.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
Signed “Declaration of good conduct”, Appendix 2.
Technical and/or professional ability
Conditions for participation: Tenderers must be able to document experience of relevant consultancy services in the past three years.
Documentation that must be provided: Details of similar services provided by the tenderer during the past three years, including their value, their content, the names of the clients and the tenderer’s role in the services.
3. AWARD CRITERIA
3.1 Expertise specific to the service required (weight 70%)
Tenderers must submit details of relevant competence and experience for each of the consultants they propose to use. A CV should be submitted for each consultant as additional documentation of competence and experience.
3.2 Prices (weight 30%)
• Prices (excluding VAT) must be provided for the following:
• The fixed hourly price for lead consultant where work is performed at the premises of Contracting Authority
• The fixed hourly price for lead consultant where work is performed at the premises of the Consultant
• The fixed hourly price for other supporting consultants